Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend projects

This weekends projects were fun cuz we recycled/repurposed/whatever some stuff into great other stuff!

I got these UGLY lovely frames at Goodwill for a DOLLAR each!!! Then Mike and I went to Home Depot (LOVE Home Depot) to get a FEW more things!
My BEST handyman!!! LOVE him!
Transforming some frames...
We (Mike) got the frames all ready then I added some batting and material to a piece of wood... then Mike added the wire and hooks and hung them on the back of the closet door.....
AND I bet you are wondering WHY and WHAT are these things FOR?!?!?

They are to get this MESS organized!!!!


My new jewelry holders... I LOVE them... only problem is... now I need another one... two wasn't just quite enough... and of course I need room for future stuff!
THEN... Kristin brought over a BIG bag of old crayons...
We put them in molds and put them in the oven to melt... then into the freezer to harden...
Then... we have cool rainbow crayons!!! I used to make these for my kids and they loved them!

So those were a couple of our wekend projects... I still have two more to finish and in between all that we are STILL scrapbooking Brandon's mission book!!!

I hope everyone got some great weekend projects done too!!!

1 comment:

lisa said...

I remember when you made those crayons when Teresa and I were little. I thought they were crazy cool...and I still do!

About Me

My photo
Hi there everyone! I've noticed that a lot of people have a little life story on their blogs. So, always wanting to keep up with the latest BLOG trends, I've decided to put on a little blurb about my life for anyone that's interested. BUT, so no one is bored or has heard it all, I've put MY LIFE in ORIGINAL story form... Once upon a time there was a brown eyed girl, born of goodly parents, who set out on a journey. She traveled for a very VERY long time, through desert, mountains and forests and along the way she brought with her 6 wonderful treasures. But, alas, there were dark times, battles and dragons along the way, but she kept on going, with her treasures giving her strength and direction. Then in the desert, she met a blue eyed handsome prince, who had also been on a long long journey, and he had 2 treasures. So as you might have already guessed the ending.... the brown eyed girl and the blue eyed prince along with their treasures and a bunch more treasures, lived very happily ever after! Life is GOOD! It's party time now!