Monday, February 9, 2009

Great week!

Well... after a great superbowl party and Dustin's surprise visit... the fun didn't stop there! We went on a picnic (I didn't bring my camera, maybe Kristin will put it on her blog), we went out to eat, we went to the zoo, had a chili dog night, went to Trent's All Star game and then played games ourselves. In between all that we worked, did our taxes, worked on the eagle, took another extended trip to Lowes and watched some MORE home improvement shows! Here are highlights from our great week!
When the family gets together it ALWAYS involves food! Here we are invading Old Country Buffet.

Lots of eating and fun! I think restuarants are glad when we leave.


I took a day off from work and off to the Zoo we went. There were five women, five kids from infant to fours years, four strollers, diaper bags, food, treats and Dustin. We were quite a site! Ocassionally... just for fun... we called Dustin Brother and we called each other Sister, cuz I'm SURE people were wondering just what kind of group we were!
We played on stuff and posed for picture ops.

The animals were lively!
We had a picnic lunch....
...and fed lots of little beggars!
Plants were in bloom and it was a beautiful day!

Mike's favorite time... chili dog night!
The All Star game!... and what a game it was! At first we didn't think our team had a chance. We were trailing almost the whole game... then little by little at almost the end of the game we got ahead!!! It was a high energy nail biting game. I think the last 12 seconds lasted 20 minutes! Anyway... we won by one point!
Trent always has a cheering section.
The HAPPY team!
Our ward's all stars... Trent and Tau!
The first round of games begins with What If... one of the family's favorites. Us old people went to bed and the guys played Halo at Steve's house for hours!
Here is Lexy and Dustin at the airport. We had a great week together and it was sad to see them leave, but I'm sure Aimee and Joslyn were glad to have them back! This just means we will HAVE to take another trip to Nashville (when it defrosts back there) !

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi there everyone! I've noticed that a lot of people have a little life story on their blogs. So, always wanting to keep up with the latest BLOG trends, I've decided to put on a little blurb about my life for anyone that's interested. BUT, so no one is bored or has heard it all, I've put MY LIFE in ORIGINAL story form... Once upon a time there was a brown eyed girl, born of goodly parents, who set out on a journey. She traveled for a very VERY long time, through desert, mountains and forests and along the way she brought with her 6 wonderful treasures. But, alas, there were dark times, battles and dragons along the way, but she kept on going, with her treasures giving her strength and direction. Then in the desert, she met a blue eyed handsome prince, who had also been on a long long journey, and he had 2 treasures. So as you might have already guessed the ending.... the brown eyed girl and the blue eyed prince along with their treasures and a bunch more treasures, lived very happily ever after! Life is GOOD! It's party time now!